Thursday, May 7, 2009

Randy Petersen of Flyertalk on airline branding - Part 1 of 2

Airline brand loyalists choose to fly a specific airline due to a deep emotional connection and for accumulating air mileage as well.

It is true that your most valuable customer is like your best friend. He’s there for you even in the tough times. However, we have to be careful with the analogy considering the fact that there is no business exchange between friends.

To a great extent, frequent fliers are loyal customers. I would be flying my preferred airline as long as its fares, schedule, and service are meeting my expectation. Otherwise, no one can blame me for putting my loyalty aside and finding another service provider who cares about my needs. For me, loyalty loses its meaning when it is one-sided.


Published at: http://simpliflying.com

No comments: